Go back to the Job List
Radio Board Operator/On-Air TalentPosted by: Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc
Posted date: 2019-Jul-02
Location: Wilmington, NC
All candidates must apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=on0pafwG&s=A irTalent.com
Want to join the exciting business of Radio Broadcasting! We have a combined opportunity for the right person. WMFD, Wilmington’s ESPN sports affiliate station is hiring a part-time Board Operator, and WRMR, Wilmington’s Modern Rock station is in need of a part-time air talent.
The successful candidate will be a jack of all trades! This is a great opportunity for candidates who want to get into the broadcast business. In this hybrid role you will serve as Board Operator and cover sports game broadcasts; as well as the station’s on-air talent for commercial voiceovers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Running a broadcast board for several network and live sporting events.
· Recording and maintaining network feeds.
· Airing all commercials and promos as scheduled.
· Completing traffic log and airing emergency alert system test as indicated.
· Engineering remote broadcast and live sporting events.
· Off-air support of commercial production.
· Monitor and update weather, traffic, and news.
· Protect station FCC license.
· Assist with station promotional activities/events.
· Digital editing.
· Must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
· Must have proficient computer skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
· Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
1-2 years of broadcasting experience or education/training is preferred.
You are required to submit links/samples of your best work along with your online application.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.