I am an enthusiastic, highly motivated, experienced and creative professional seeking an opportunity to contribute to a station. I am submitting my resume for the position of On Air Personality and Production. I have over three years of radio experience in the Norfolk market and have knowledge of the differences between the Norfolk and many other markets.
My forte has been on air and production. I am a dedicated professional who prides himself on staying current with the changing radio trends on air and via social media to impact change within the community. My experience and drive can be a valuable asset to your organization and I would like the opportunity to schedule an appointment for an in person interview.
Attached is a copy of my resume for your review. Thank you for your consideration of my application and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Charles E. Carter, Jr.
Charles E. Carter, Jr. (KING CARTER)
Morning Show Talents
Cell Phone No.
City / Town
Province / State
[Availability & Optional Preferences]
Zip / Post Code
Available to Start
[Education & Experience]
Positions Interested In?
On Air Personality Full Time
Norfolk State University; Major-Music Media; Minor- Piano; May 2010
Jamestown High School, Williamsburg, VA: 2005
WNVZ-FM Z104 Entercom, Virginia Beach, VA; 06/2009-Present
· On Air Personality
· Host, interactive listener, Saturday evening radio show 7pm-12am.
· Fill in for weekday shows
· Produce and provide voiceovers for profit commercials using Adobe 1.5 and 2.0, and Pro Tools System
· Fluent in people meter reading (PPM)
· Dub commercials and Public Service Spots
· Engineer and Produce Commercials
· Live remotes on-air
· Operate control board and maintain studio production equipment
· Hosted over 200 events
· King Carters Skate Against Bullying
· Provided entertainment at nursing homes and churches during the holidays
· Volunteered and participated in Relay for Life, and AIDS Awareness
· Hampton Roads celebrity guest reader for elementary schools since 2007
WNSB-FM Hot 91.1: Norfolk State University Radio Station; 10/2008-07/2009
· On Air Personality
· Hosted, interactive listener, afternoon drive radio show from 2pm 7pm; Monday Friday
· Most Dedicated DJ - WNSB HOT91.1; 2009
· Live remote on-air productions for customer product promotions
· Produced and provided voiceovers for profit commercials using Adobe 1.5 and 2.0, and Pro Tools System
· Developed characters for on air live skits and managed media tracking and readings
· Operated control board and maintained studio production equipment